About the library
Officially opened on May 24, 1923, the Montague Branch Library is the Library’s oldest existing branch library facility. Located on the corner of Winnebago and Montague Streets, this branch serves people living on the south and west sides of Rockford. The two-story brick building has been lovingly restored and contains many of the original oak bookcases and a fireplace. The Montague Branch offers an expanded children’s space including a dedicated play room, a wireless computer area, a classroom and the Constance V. Lane Community Room.